ARRIVING BY BIKE DECEMBER SALE
Friday, Dec. 6th - Sunday, Dec. 15th
10% off store- wide. Holiday specials too. Stop by our holiday sale for great gift deals!
ARRIVING BY BIKE PARTY
Rescheduled for Friday, Dec. 13th 6- 9 p.m.
Cascadian Courier Collective Reception with libations from Falling Sky Brewery. Join us in celebrating the newest bike-friendly addition to Eugene- a bike courier service!
We’re also celebrating the holiday season, our customers, and our staff, so come on over to drink some falling sky beer, meet the couriers, and have some fun with us.
Plus, bicycle cookie decorating – create a portrait of your current steed or of your dream ride.
UGLY SWEATER CARGO BIKE RIDE
Rescheduled for Saturday, Dec. 14th 11- 1 p.m.
Gather at Arriving By Bike wearing your favorite ‘not-in-public’ sweater or if that doesn’t float your bike, just pretend it’s Halloween again.
We’ll take a casual, crazy ride and stop for hot chocolate, coffee, tea and treats courtesy of ABB. All bikes welcome.
Though the Surly Troll’s geometry is that of a 26˝-wheeled mountain bike, it’s unlike most mountain bikes you’ll find . It has ample clearance for 28/38/50t mountain-triple chainrings and room for 26 x 2.7˝ tires. The gusseted front triangle, with its sloping toptube, provides generous standover clearance even when running high-volume rubber.
Build it with a 100mm suspension-corrected fork, or roll the 4130 CroMoly Troll fork. The stock fork is spec’d with canti pivots, disc mounts, low- and mid-blade rack bosses and fender eyelets. Run a rack fender and disc at the same time, no jury-rigging required.
The Troll frame features horizontal rear-loading dropouts with a derailleur hanger, disc caliper mounting slots, and rack and fender bosses. There’s a dedicated area for anchoring a Rohloff hub OEM2 axle plate, and we’ve included threaded M10 x 1mm holes for installing Surly trailer-mounting nuts or B.O.B. Nutz. The dropout design allows the simultaneous use of a rack, fender and disc brake.
Use the Troll as a mountain bike, cruiser, commuter or touring rig. Make it your go-to utility tractor. Try out different tires and handlebars. Add some racks, build it with gears, or strip it down to a singlespeed drivetrain. Take it camping, ride it to the grocery store or session on your favorite single-track. Build it up, ride it for a while, then reinvent it.
Like many of the Surly models, the Troll is available as a frameset or as a complete bike. Stop by and give it a try.
Visit our facebook page to win a free Cygolite Expilion 400 lumen rechargeable headlight.
Write a haiku about riding your bike at night, post it to our facebook, and we’ll enter you into the drawing to win the light. Drawing will be held Sunday, February 17th.
”I really bike you” and “You are the spokes to my wheel” Valentines Cards are here.
And don’t forget everything RED in the store is 20% off through Valentines. The perfect excuse to get your sweetie those Ortlieb panniers…
Instead of languishing in a landfill, the bicycle inner tubes that make up these wallets, belts, messengers, and backpacks can have a second chance at life carrying your gear.
Register your bike through the City of Eugene ONLINE for FREE. No excuses to have an unregistered bike now!
The South Willamette Saturday Artwalk is coming up again and we’re seeking artists who want to put their art up in the shop for the day/week.
As you know, there’s not much space, but we can move some things around to find at least a small bit of wall space. Let us know if you’re interested in showing your art!
Join the Willamette Holiday Swarm! – Sat. 22nd Noon-2p.m.
Pick up cards to hand in along south Willamette!
Safer walking and bicycling along south Willamette Street will be good for Willamette Street businesses. Bike lanes will give people on two-wheels the kind of safe and direct access to stores, restaurants and services that will keep them coming back time-after-time. Bike lanes will also provide a wide buffer between the sidewalk and the motorized traffic – a real win for those on foot. You can help make those point by joining in the Willamette Holiday Swarm!
It’s simple to do. Just pick up a card at one of the businesses listed below, cut one out of the current Eugene Weekly, or print your own using the attached file. Then go shop at a business along south Willamette Street (24th-29th Ave.) or the Southtowne Shoppes on Oak St.
When you pay for your purchases, hand over the card, as well. It would be especially great if you would sign the card and scribble a note about why you want to walk/bike on south Willamette. Then go to another Willamette Street business and do the same!
We’re aiming for a shopping -flash mob- on Saturday, Dec. 22 between noon and 2 p.m. – so if possible, join in the shopping swarm at that time. But if that time doesn’t work for you, please do pick up and use the cards anytime between now and New Years.
You can pick up Swarm cards (and yes, even leave one!) at:
- Arriving by Bike — 2705 Willamette St.
- Beaudet Fine Jewelry — 2849 Oak St.
- Down to Earth Home and Garden — 2498 Willamette
- Holy Cow Restaurant — 2621 Willamette St,
- Jenny’s Hair & Company — 2633 Willamette St.
- Marina’s Art Studio — 2650 Willamette St.
- Nature’s Pet Market — 2864 Willamette in Woodfield Station near Market of Choice and Laughing Planet
There are only a few holiday shopping days left! Finish up at the Willamette Street Swarm!
Join in the Willamette Holiday Swarm–and spread the word!!!
Too many great gift options to choose from? Can’t quite decide between styles and colors?
We have Arriving By BikeTM Gift Certificates at the register!
Comfort, style, visibility, whatever your holiday goal, we’ve got you covered:
$10 and under
- Fun Reflector Reflective Shapes $5.00
- Planet Bike Alloy H2O Bottle Cage $5.00
- Cycleaware Reflective Leg Band $6.50
- Incredibell Candibell $9.50
- Cycological Reflective Chopspokes $10.00
- Soma Water Bottle $6.00
- Light My Fire Spork $3.00
$20 and under
- SpokeLit Multicolored Wheel Light $10.50
- Polar Water Bottle $11.00
- Incredibell Illuminator Bell $12.50
- Aardvark Waterproof Seat Cover $13.50
- Swiftwick One Sock $13.99
- Park Tool IB – 2 Multi-tool $16.00
- Origin 8 Coffee Mug Holder $16.50
- Velo Bling Bike Part Earrings $18.50
- Cycling Sojourner Tour Book $18.95
$35 and under
- Ibex Merino Wool Zepher Skull Cap $30.00
- Cycological Bike Print T-shirt $32.00
- Polar Stainless Water Bottle $25.00
- Duck and Beaver Nutcase Helmets $29.00
- Basil Bottle Basket $34.00
- Bike Glow $25.00
- Velo Bling Spiral Chain Link Bracelet $35.00
- Velo Orange Seat Bag $35.00
$50 and under
- Banjo Brothers H2O Pannier Single $50.00
- Ibex Muni Wool Hat $40.00
- Sigma BC 1609 Cadence Computer $45.00
- Joe Blow Sport II Floor Pump $44.00
- Velo Bling Spoke Nipple Necklace $37.00
$75 and under
- Nutcase Helmet $60.00
- Endura Waterproof Luminite Glove $60.00
- Cygolite Metro 300 Rechargeable Frontlight $69.00
- Velo Bling Chain Necklace w/ Pendant $60.00
$100.00 and under
- Ibex Woolie Crew Baselayer $80.00
- Velo Bling Wall Clock $80.00
- Endura Humvee 3/4 Shorts Ms/Ws $80.00
$150 and under
- Brooks B17 Leather Saddle $120.00
- Osprey Momentum 26 Backpack $129.00
- Endura Luminite Jacket $140.00
- Ibex Zephyr 1/2 Zip Ms and Ws $115.00
- Ortlieb Downtown Pannier $150.00
$150 and above
- Ibex Merino Wool Shak Sweater $160.00
- Ortlieb Back Roller Panniers $170.00
- Burley Travoy Commuter Trailer $289.00
- Brooks Barbican Leather Messenger Bag $335 (50% off)